Project 18: Rehabilitation of Nalinya Bright Future Primary School (II)
Rehabilitation of a community school in the slums of Kampala
Children and youngsters supported: 238.
Budget: € 7 998.
The project has three components:
– Completing the rehabilitation of the classroom buildings and construction of proper latrines.
– Rehabilitation of the pre-primary section.
– Purchase of furniture and school material.
– 238 pupils, of which 123 girls, from underprivileged neighbourhoods enjoy a decent and conducive learning environment.
– Nalinya Bright Future Primary School stands as an example of private school rehabilitations in the Kampala slums.
– The Government of Uganda becomes aware of the key role played by community-initiated private schools in the Kampala slums.
– The school is protected against eviction due to land speculation.